Pediatric Dentistry: An Overview
As a parent, your child's health is of utmost concern. You want them to be healthy and look good. It is also important for you as a parent to focus on the oral health of your kids. Kids aren't just small adults! The needs of every kid are different from other kids. As any other medical field would have it, there is a special field in dentistry just for kids. A pediatric dentist is just like any other dentist, but they specialize only in treating children for which they identify themselves as Certified Specialists in Pediatric Dentistry.
According to a study undertaken by the American Pediatric Dentists, they state that almost 60% of the parents believe in their child's oral care but, only 25% of the parents actually take their lads to the Kids Dentist. One of the prime goals of the kid's dentist is to ensure that the visit becomes more enjoyable for the kids. The dentist will take an x-ray of the child's mouth and undertake an analysis to find out if any issues could become riskier over time. A striking feature of these dentists is that they provide massive dental care to the kids and remove the negativities around oral care. Some kid's dentists are qualified and experienced to an extent that they can even handle the behavioral changes and dynamics of a child through interactions.
Why must you choose a Pediatric Dentist Over a Regular Dentist?
- A Pediatric Dentist is usually a dentist who loves working with children. They create a positive environment and ensure that your child has a safe trip to the dentist. They pay close attention and keenly understand the potential problems and then explain the procedures in a manner that they can understand.
- Pediatric Dentists usually have also been trained in treating children with special needs. They can safely treat children who are disabled, ill, or affected by chronic diseases or have any other special needs. Due to their experience, they can treat your kids with the utmost safety and instill a sense of positivity in them.
- Pediatric Dentists often provide your kids with comprehensive health care. Pediatric Dentists are often affiliated with specialty hospitals and other pediatrics and hence they can work together as a team and manage the overall health of your child.
What services do Pediatric Dentists provide?
The Pediatric Dentists take complete care of the oral health of your child. The services offered by our Pediatric Dentists include:
- Repairing Dental Cavities.
- Diagnosing and treating pediatric periodontal disease and other medical issues.
- They provide counseling for habits like an improper bite, pacifier use, thumb sucking, or other habits that may affect teeth.
We are the very few Kids Dentists in El Paso, Texas that are completely certified and licensed in the field of pediatric dentistry. We offer a wide range of dental sedation services at affordable rates to make our little patients feel comfortable and safe.
Request an appointment by calling us at 915-755-7697 (NorthEast El Paso Office) or 915-833-0303 (Westside El Paso Office) and get your queries answered, we're here to assist you.